Outdoor Patio East Dundee IL – Aliano’s Ristorante – 310 North River Street – Reservations at 847-844-0528
Some of the fundamental ingredients of Italian cuisine include:
- -Garlic. Probably the ingredient that most people think of when it comes to Italian fare. Garlic is among the most popular basic ingredients, particularly when sautéed with olive oil to make a flavorful base.
- -Extra virgin olive oil. Olive oil is a staple in cooking. In addition, high quality extra virgin olive oil can also serve as a garnish for adding flavor. Diners also use it for dipping Italian bread or over salads.
- -Balsamic vinegar. This popular type of vinegar comes from the Italian regions of Emilia-Romagna or Modena. Balsamic vinegar is a fine addition for dressings and marinades.
- -Pasta. A combination of eggs, flour, water, salt and olive oil, pasta is another well-known part of many Italian dishes. There are multiple varieties based upon their shape and the region from which they come.Popular varieties are spaghetti, penne and fettuccine.
- -Sauces. Marinara is perhaps the most famous of Italian sauces, consisting of tomatoes, basil, onion, and garlic. Another favorite is pomodoro, which is basically the same ingredients as marinara but is usually somewhat thicker.
- -Tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes are, of course, a basic essential for Italian cuisine.
- -Wine. The country of is synonymous with fine wines. (Aliano’s features an extensive wine list with plenty of pairing options for your next Outdoor Patio East Dundee IL dining experience with us.) Wine has long been a big part of Italian tradition. Italians enjoy wine and also utilize it for simmering meat-based dishes as well as to add more flavors to tomato sauces.
Enjoy dining on our Outdoor Patio East Dundee IL! Call Aliano’s for reservations at 847-844-0528